Write With Us!
Would you like to write with us? Feel free to drop a message at email@example.com.
Your number one source for expert sports analysis on the web
Yes, I’ve taken a couple days break. Sue me. I was trying so hard to find something to write about, that I almost forgot about my weekly. So without further ado, if you’re still even reading this anyway, I give you this week’s edition of Brandon’s Banter.
• A Pittsburgh-area hospital is wrapping their babies in swaddling… terrible towels? This is just further proof that the NFL rules all, and I’m afraid if they lock out, the US will be in unrest, just like Egypt.
• Maurkice Pouncey isn’t going to play this weekend. Not a shocker, but it really hurts the Steelers, because their offensive line was already mediocre, and they lost their best player and line leader for the game.
• The Steelers are saying that their ‘D’ is physical, not dirty. To tell you the truth, dirty, physical, whatever. It doesn’t matter to me as long as you win games. Both of those attributes will make you the most feared defense in the league, so take your pick.
• Joe Flacco is angry about the firing of his QB coach Jim Zorn. I personally don’t know why they fired him, as Flacco did fine this season. Flacco said this, “Usually when you fire a position coach, it’s because you’re not really happy with how that position did.”
• The Tennessee Titans fired Head Coach Jeff Fisher. That’s too bad, because the bigger problem, Vince Young, is now staying on board. I don’t think this team can win in the near future.
• Packers IR players were complaining that they weren’t going to be included in the team picture, so the team moved the picture date to Friday, instead of the originally planned Tuesday. Make sense, anyone?
• The Orioles have made an offer to DH Vladimir Guerrero. He hit well last season with .300 and 29 homers. The Orioles could be a sleeper pick this season.
• With Morneau and Nathan back for the Twins, I think this team is instantly the AL Central favorite. • Anyone else catching the MLB fever? I am, and I’m so ready for spring training.
• Kevin Durant says Heat forward Chris Bosh is a ‘fake tough guy’. Flippin’ hilarious. Durantula got a technical during the game for some extracurricular activity with Bosh during the game.
• Marcin Gortat is starting to play well. Maybe he’s worth a look in some fantasy leagues? I gave him some consideration, but the lack of consistency in playing time cause me to pass.
• The Cavaliers extended their losing streak to 20 games. I guess what goes around comes around, eh Mr. Gilbert?
• My Warriors got a win against a Deron Williams-less Jazz, snapping a 4-game losing skid. I know nobody cares, but I do.
• Duke lost to St. Johns in a rout. I’m a little surprised, but I expect Duke to pick it up and play championship caliber basketball by the time March Madness rolls around.
• The ACC is down this year. It’s evidenced by UNC being in 1st place. They aren’t that bad, but just not a ranked team.
• Seton Hall and Duquesne are my sleeper picks for the tourney this year. Seton Hall might not make it, but are sure a tourney caliber team with All-American Jeremy Hazell boosting them since his return from injury. The Dukes are currently riding a 10 game winning streak, 7 of which has come in a solid A-10.
Congrats to everyone that was in the flag football league draft last night. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully the season will live up to the expectations, which I think it will. Go Deep Threat!