Brandon’s Banter 1-24
January 24, 2011
Posted by on
- I’ve officially decided my new weekly article’s name. Brandon’s Banter was my indie show’s name, but I feel it fits well here. If anyone has another one that would be good, let me know, because I’m looking for something fresh.
- I could sit here and gloat about how I picked the games correctly again this past weekend and say I told you so, but instead I’ll just focus on the games.
- The Steelers took down the Jets last night (I can’t help it. I told you so.) despite a valiant comeback effort from the Jets. What worries me about the Steelers now, is that in each of their 2 games, they’ve only played one good half of football. Against the Packers, they will need to put together a full game, but I’m not sure if they’re able to do that.
- I’ll be honest with you, I didn’t get to see the Packers-Bears game. It’s not because I didn’t want to, far from it. Neither have I seen highlights, but from my Bears friends, they say that they thought Cutler should’ve sucked it up and played. Thoughts?
- The Packers-Steelers Super Bowl is a great matchup. I’m looking for this to be a game that gets into the thirties, a lot of turnovers, and a heck of a game to watch. I’m going with the Steelers with my preliminary.
- Carson Palmer wants out of Cincinnati. Who doesn’t? I’m sure a 3rd string defensive end would want a chance elsewhere…
- Reports are that Jay Cutler cried when teammates told him fans were criticizing his toughness. (Insert joke here) Memo to Cutler, showing your sensitive side isn’t getting you anywhere. Although, Chris Chase provides an excellent point.
- Mike Miller had 32 points the other night for the Heat. What’s this mean? It means the Heat are in business. Well, I mean in more business now… right? I think so.
- One NBA GM said, “Melo going to the Knicks is inevitable.” That’s terrible for the fans. That’s the last thing the rest of the country needs, another legit New York team.
- Blake Griffin is still being Blake Griffin.
- The Angels acquire Vernon Wells.
- Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon are going to play for the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Billy Butler signed a 4 year, 30 million dollar contract with the Royals.
Until next time my friends, I’m out.